FALL OF CARTHAGE’s version of metal has a strong thrash foundation with groovy riffs and triggered drums, catchy melodies and several types of vocal, sometimes reminding me Phil Anselmo’s roar and Rob Flynn’s outcries. Also present in the songs interesting arrangements with unexpected effects... Antichrist Magazine: 79/100
Und Fall Of Carthage war die erste positive Überraschung des Abends – Alter Verwalter, was für eine Mischung. Frontmann Sascha ist ein ziemlich ziemlich (ja 2x) guter Hardcore-Shouter und das haben die Jungs aus Köln auf Modern Thrash gepackt. Klingt komisch? Nö…tritt Arsch!... metal-heads.de
"Behold" ist eine dermaßen geile Scheibe – es ist selten, dass eine Band mit ihrem Erstling solch einen Hammer am Start hat. Wie eingangs erwähnt, schnappen sich FALL OF CARTHAGE Elemente aus verschiedenen Richtungen, wie Metalcore, Hardcore, Modern Metal und driften sogar gelegentlich in Thrash-Gefilde ab. metal.de
"Das Debütwerk “Behold” von “Fall of Carthage” hat es in sich. Das Trio rund um 2 äußerst bekannte Musiker von Suidakra und Perzonal War, knallt hier ein mehr als akzeptables Debut Album hin, dass durch eine ordentlich geballte Ladung ”Kick-Ass” besticht, was vor allem der Stimme von Herrn Aßbach zu verdanken ist, die soviel Power reinlegt, dass du vor lauter Aggression mitschreien musst, ob du nun den Text verstehst, oder nicht. Da muss der ganze Körper mit..." metalunderground.at
"That is why this blend of rigorous thrash metal with modern metalcore elements turned into a shellshock that will appeal to a broad audience of every age. This is a debut album on which Fall Of Carthage manifests itself as seminal newcomer. Listen to it at maximum volume and it will make your day a bright one! ..." lordsofmetal.nl
1. UPON THE SMALL THINGS: consciousness, reflection, consideration: words we all have long condemned. and with the everyday overstimulation we're exposed to our eyes became blind to the beauty and the concealed. we need to rely and focus upon the small things... upon the small things... to make the large things count. supplication and faith won't prevent from the greed dividing us all. sadly this much is true, we are called upon to recollect and burn the riches down. don't dance with the witches which ain't switchin on, no. burn the riches down, turn the fire on, bring the harvest home son. recollect yourself and clear your name before this world goes up in flames. drop all the doubt, chop all strings, rely upon the small things. drop all the doubt, chop all strings, build upon the small things. upon the small things. atop of the wastings, not much left here. upon the small things, grow some value. upon the small things. consciousness, reflection and consideration: words we all have long condemned. upon the small things.
2. DEGENERATION: Pain, disgust, degeneration. What you see? A stranger backing out, leaving humanity blind. A crack whore soon to fall, breathe no more. This stranger left the course to walk without remorse. oh, what's left? a self-righteous life, amends for the wrong sense prevent from a first-hand-degeneration of skin and bones and mind and everything. (i'm) done. What I'll be? a winner breaking out leaving society stunned. a top dog biting deep, see me score. this stranger left the course and brought the boad ashore. oh, this self-righteous life will break me. not gonna take this, no more. degeneration. can't it be forgotten now? degeneration. No room for doubtful chances. degeneration. no more wasted days, wasted life. degeneration. Caught in my thoughts. degeneration. After all the years of suffocation. degeneration.
3. DAWN OF THE ENEMY: let the fucking games begin and bring the foes right in. we’re ready for the dawn of the enemy. choose your weapon well or go straight to hell. this is your last chance, use it (now). and then again... you keep hiding from the call, you ignore the deamons calling. they set sail beneath the stars just in time to see you falling. you and me alone. the smell of boiling chrome. unleash the beast inside yourself. trust yourself and you will find your way to peace within. you kept hiding from the call. you ignored the deamons calling. Trust yourself, believe in life and everything will fall into its place. They set sail beneath the stars just in time to see you falling. You will see it's worth the fight, the darkest days are numbered. let the fucking race begin, bring the foes right in. we’re ready for the dawn of the enemy.
4. IMPERFECTION: All the centuries and all the memories of all the families on all the cemeteries. What is your source of inspiration? What is your secret to find love within? Lost generations, a million dreamers before you and me have taken their knowledge and wisdom to their graves. They're holding it forever to be lost. They've not done well. Time we're given on earth, wasted and forbidden wealth, so precious it needs some privilege. Some more true attention now, for the sake of our children’s lives. What is your source of inspiration? What is your secret to find love within? With a minimum of self-esteem it’s so ravelling, challenging, discouraging. Questioning everything, start accepting! No one's unfailing! Imperfection, born with it, deal with this imperfection (now). Imperfection. There's nothing wrong with imperfection And when you're buried with your dreams and secrets, then you will take them all the way. No recreation. And when you're buried with your dreams and secrets, you'll keep them forever with your talents and fears. All the centuries, all the families, all the centuries, all the memories gone.
5. HOME IN A WASTELAND: Dishonor, rush and mocking will unmask the denier. On to deliver the secrets to the wind and fire. All the years we grew around it, holding onto what we've founded. Shallow ground and draining quicksand. We're feeling at home in a wasteland. Destiny was lost and found here with a melody so resounding. Hateful thoughts outspoken, this record is broken. With a melody so resounding, complication abounding. disregarding this retarding. but in fact we were crumbling long before. we can't fight it, just devide into none. nothing's gonna be fine like before again. (no more disgrace | no more false hope) disintegration. hold on! enough is enough when you're left to crawl with wounded knees. enough is enough stop the hurting, enough is enough when you're left to freeze with a burning heart. enough is enough enough is enough stop it. enough is enough
6. MENACE TO MYSELF: you suffer, such a stray. scored again, one more fault. the night’s gone to sleep, vale of tears. a strong impulse as you keep searching. just hangin in there again, hangover, hang with seven jacks, a menace to myself. (something) balls have gone wild, tankin’ up since 1990, as i been (fuckin it up) searching for something, searching. something, searching. there should be no indifference, no fuckin' compromise. a menace to myself, I need to regain my life. stop. can't stop to pull the plug on me. i tried to do without for a hundred nights in a row now. still tired and unhappy. nothing has changed. we suffer, such a stray. scored again,one more fault. the day's gone to sleep, vale of tears. a strong impulse as we keep searching. something. just hangin in there again, hangover, hang with seven jacks, a menace to myself. gonna toss more. tankin’ up since 1990, as i been searching for something, searching. unconscious, unstable. Hopelessly breathing my last breath i'm leaving to regain my life.
7. NECESSITARIANISM: this is for your body, this is for your mind. we'll collect the honey then everything here blows into nothing. We control your body we control your mind we'll fuck up your party and everything just blows into nothingness necessitarianism here is to your daddy, here is to your mom. bottoms up to your granny, tell everyone we came for the bluffing. we are the ones you looked for. elevate a cabaret, we won't let you get astray. we're fueled with wrong decisions get 'em in the bag until they call the authorities. witness the things we truely came here to do. when everything is torn to pieces we're through oh we could really use a bottle or two. we're on it necessitarianism the damage is done We control your body we control your mind we'll collect your honey and everything here blows into nothing
8. MEANS TO BE ALIVE: what have, what have we come to. what have what have we done. now we are counting mistakes and each others flaws instead of supporting and lift what we're dreaming of. we wake up to gray days and paint black what is so bright. we're dying slowly just like... Just like somebody in our dreams condemns the sorrow and dulls all the extremes. Just like somebody in our dreams takes our hand to follow and remember what it means. oh what it means to be alive, create a world of joy and harmony. apart from what is pulling you and me down and underneath, down and underneath this sore and bitter fainting reality. what have we done... the diggin inside won't succeed, the diggin inside won't succeed, the diggin inside will result in more depression. the diggin inside won't succeed, the diggin inside won't succeed, the diggin inside will result in even more suffering. Just like somebody in our dreams condemns the sorrow and dulls all the extremes. suffering. Just like somebody in our dreams takes our hand to follow and remember what it means.
9. LEAVE THEM BEHIND: 13 years later well known demons beat me down the same. I dwell on diehard disbelief and hide beyond the lie I have become. Because of all the fucking therapies that made it worse and all the pills and meds that fixed nothing, lost within the memories of days long dead, dead but sleeplees, sleepless since you're gone. as i see all the pretty flowers (that) decorate your grave and when i'm talking to your brother bout the good old days. i can't hold back the steady grief, this recurring pain. life is not bad i must admit but it's just not the same. destructive thoughts, the ages win. i'm giving up, I'm giving in. left with myself, this shit's devouring and power draining. sick of the echoes inside, recall. memories twist and rewind. 'bove all. leave them behind. slowly dispatching the soul now. spitting and throwing up gall, loss predefined. one day we will meet again and talk it all over. until then i will just try and hang in there, what else can i do. sick of the echoes inside, that’s all. memories twist and rewind, let go, leave them behind. slowly dispatching the soul, in this personal war, spitting and throwing up gall. loss predefined. get things straight as i see all the pretty flowers (that) decorate your grave. and when i'm talking to your brother bout the good old days. i can't hold back the steady grief this re-occurring pain. life is not bad i must admit but it's just not the same.
10. MORE THAN NOTHING: becoming more than nothing. is it so? is this everything life is offering? is it true? is this happening? really happening? if this is all then i'm considering becoming more and stop bothering. becoming more than nothing, becoming more than nothing. we're built to self-destruct and function for the profit of a misleading industry, we drop with no surprise. We're skilled to plan and manage over-complex situations, yet our intentions to enhance are kept denied. we're drilled to swallow all the bullshit that they serve us daily. we're burning out unless we're fired, One by one. oh, this ain't life, this is robbery. this isn't worth all the bothering, no. exploring new horizons, becoming more than nothing. been down there one too many times. this warning is honestly serious. the morning we won't wake up breathing, there will be no last chance to start again, no. more than nothing.
11. BEHOLD: sit back, switch on, the comprehension is strong. the curtain fell, the confrontation's pounding, truth surrounding. born free and open, criminal identities now (in) a world torn for rage and something more malicious. behold, betrayal. Allow yourself to disavow. minute after minute there's endless gore. can't take it anymore. humiliation, the military: religion-guided, far from rational. war, you're signing in. kin extinction. this is operation descent. doomed, doomed you'll go down with the enemy's soul in its domination and it's on, unless you... Drop tradition, Terminate. Drop religion, liberate. Your life is not tradition, Religion-fake. shot dead, you're dead. drop dead, shot dead. throwback of a nation, dictation, foul obligation. mother earth devastation, limp generation. here you are right by youself, realizing this one life you have. embrace it, embrace yourself and live!